The Three Tier WONKY Cake Class
This is the class where cake turns wonky – mad hatter style! We are delighted to announce that Zoe Clark, cake maker extraordinaire, author of 5 top selling cake books and supplier of cake and cookies to leading London department stores is joining Pretty Witty Cakes as a Guest Tutor from October 2012. She will be teaching her fantastic three tier Mad Hatter Wonky Cake.
What you will learn in the Two Tier WONKY Cake Class.
This class is all about learning to construct a 3 tier Wonky Cake from beginning to end (as shown in the pictures). You will be able to discover the secrets behind Zoe Clark’s beautiful cake designs. During the class, you will learn:
- How to work with a REAL cake to carve it at a wonky angle whilst maintaining its stability (the bottom tier will be made from real cake).
- How to work with a dummy cake to carve it at a wonky angle thus comparing and contrasting making a wonky cake on real and dummy cakes (the top tier will be made from a dummy cake).
- How to level, fill and stack a wonky cake.
- How to work with dowels to support the wonky cake layers.
- What you should do to prevent the top layer sliding off when it is standing on a slope!
- How to cover a wonky cake with fondant to achieve a perfectly smooth and neat finish with level sides and angular slopes.
- How to create and incorporate fondant stripes, waves and frills into the design.
- How to make a teacup out of cake that sits on top of the cake as a third layer.
- How to prepare a cake board for a wonky cake.
- How to complete your cake with ribbons and decorations.
- How to ensure clean, elegant finishes to your cakes giving them a contemporary style.
- How to move a finished cake without damaging it.
- How to properly transport and store your cake.
This is a fantastic class with and a great opportunity to learn directly from one of the leading experts in wonky cakes. After this class, you will have all the skills to make the perfect party cake whether for a birthday, anniversary, wedding or other fun event. Zoe will be ready to answer any cake related question you can think of throughout the day!
You will leave at the end the day with:
- Your perfectly finished Two Tier Wonky cake
- Recipes used in the class
- A full fact pack detailing what you have learnt
- A new understanding of working with cake to create wonky designs
Book today as places are filling up fast!
Zoe Clark (see Tutors page) is one of the UK’s leading cake designers and her work regularly appears in the UK bestselling bridal and sugarcraft magazines. Zoe has produced 5 books and has recently started supplying the world-renowned Fortnum and Mason store with an exclusive range of wedding and celebration cakes and cookies.
This class is suitable for beginners and intermediates cake makers and anyone who wants to put some fun into making their cakes!
Course Date and Times
This 2 day class will run from October 2012. To go straight to booking, click here.
For this class, we provide ALL the Cakes and ALL the materials! All you need to bring with you is:
- an apron
- a packed lunch
- a pen and note pad
Pretty Witty Cakes never surprise you with hidden costs unlike other venues so you will not be sent any additional equipment list before the class. The only things you need to bring are those things listed above. We will provide EVERYTHING else for you.
How to book your class
Location: Our Two Tiered WONKY Cake Class is based at Pretty Witty HQ in a bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £375 per person (includes VAT where applicable). This includes ALL equipment and ALL cakes. The only things you need to provide are those listed above.
Times: 10.15am to 5.15pm
Dates: Starting in October 2012. To go to the calendar, click here
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email email@example.com or call 07976 32 72 78