Three Tier Vintage Cake Class
This class is all about perfection in the decoration of big cakes! If you want to learn how to achieve the absolutely flawless finish you see on professional tiered cakes, then this is the class for you. This class will cover everything you need to know about perfect piping, lace presses, vintage lace effects, pearlised beadmakers, perfect borders, vintage flowers and roses for big cakes and lots more. Once you have mastered these skills, you will be making cakes to rival those of any top professional cake decorator.
What you will learn
This class is all about perfecting the decorating techniques that make cakes stand out from the crowd. During the class, we will teach you:
- A multitude of decorative techniques and skills that are necessary to achieve a truly beautiful cake
- How to choose an effective vintage colour scheme. You will choose your own colours so you can make the cake in your favourite colour!
- How to mix pastes to achieve the vintage look.
- How to cover cakes and board in fondant for a flawless finish.
- How to use silicone lace presses.
- How to create alternative lace effects.
- How to use beadmakers to create beautiful pearls in different sizes.
- Advanced piping techniques including piping perfect pearls and borders.
- How to design and draw up your own side design
- How to correctly apply your design to the side of your cake for a beautiful finish.
- How to make a plaque and monogram with piped initials.
- How to grade colours to make your flowers come to life.
- How to make wired hydrangea petals with a vintage twist.
- How to make gorgeous vintage style roses and rosebuds.
- How to use dusts and shimmers to bring your flowers to life.
- How to arrange your sugar flowers to make a beautiful cake topper to set off your cake.
- How to secure your flowers to the top of a three tier cake properly and safely.
- How to make and use your own royal icing bags correctly.
- How to paint with and apply lustre dusts and sprays for the perfect finishing touch
In this class you will work on a three layered dummy cake. This is so you can spend more time learning and perfecting top decorating skills. If you want to learn how to cut, stack, level and cover a real cake, please see the Two Tier Big Cakes beginners class where this is covered in detail.
This class is all about working hands on. You won’t be watching someone else doing something – you will do everything yourself.
Class Times, Level and Equipment
This class is a two day class. The class starts at 10.30 and runs to approximately 4pm (both days).
Everything is explained to you step by step and as with all our classes, all equipment is provided for you. You do not need to bring anything with you except a small packed lunch.
This class is suitable for intermediate level cake makers who want to advance their decorating skills. If you are a beginner, we would recommend you first attend the Two Tier Big Cakes Class first. As our groups are small but our kitchen is very large with plenty of space, separate standing areas, seated areas, photography area and shop, we are able to cater for those of differing standards and ensure you get individual attention.
This class will be taught by Rachel, an expert in making tiered wedding cakes. Rachel’s cakes are regularly featured in bridal magazines and she provides cakes to some of London’s most prestigious hotels.
Rachelle has vast experience in making big cakes and this is a real opportunity to ask an expert everything you could want to know about decorating big cakes including how to properly price such cakes for sale.
Testimonials from prior students
To see what others have said about our courses, see here.
Take Home Fact Pack
You will be given a fact sheet describing the techniques you learnt during the day so you can refresh your mind next time you decorate a big cake. Of course, there are also lots of tips on our Facebook discussions page
We supply lots of tea and coffee throughout the day and you can take breaks whenever you wish.
How to book your class
Location: Our Three Tier Vintage Cake Class is based at Pretty Witty HQ, a bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £375 (includes VAT where applicable). To pay in instalments (deposit of £200 and final payment of £175), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07976 32 72 78.
Time: 10:15am – approximately 5.30pm (both days)
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email email@example.com or call 07976 32 72 78.