Sharp Edge Chocolate Cake Class
This is the class for chocoholics. If you absolutely adore chocolate cake and chocolate fillings but have either never worked with either or want to learn how to make professional looking angular, sharp edges on your cakes then read on. This class is for complete beginners or intermediates.
Michelle Rea from Inspired By Michelle Cake Designs in Australia is a regular Guest Tutor at Pretty Witty Cakes. Michelle specialises in working with chocolate and cakes and will be teaching several classes at while she is here. These classes are EXCLUSIVE so only being held at Pretty Witty Cakes in the UK.
What you will learn in the Sharp Edge Chocolate Cake Class.
This class is all about elegance and sophistication when working with chocolate as a medium. During the class, you will learn:
- How to cut and fill and chocolate cake (all recipes are supplied and we provide all the cake you need).
- An understanding of chocolate cake fillings and the best way to fill a cake so it is filled with rich, silky, delicious chocolate.
- How to make chocolate ganache the easy way and how to work with it and store it.
- The professional techniques used to make super sharp and perfect angular edges to your chocolate cake.
- The best tools to use when working with chocolate ganache on cakes.
- How to create perfectly level sides and sharp edges on a round cake.
- How to work with fondant on top of a ganache covered cake whist maintaining sharp angles and flat tops and side – as chocolate is soft, you will learn how to avoid damaging your sharp edges when applying fondant to ganache topped chocolate cake.
- How to make a little fondant teddy bear to sit on top of your cake.
- How to complete your cake with ribbons and decorations.
- How to ensure clean, elegant finishes to your cakes giving them a contemporary style.
- How to move a finished cake with one hand to a board without damaging it.
- How to properly transport and store your cake.
This is a great opportunity to learn and properly understand how to work with chocolate cake and how to get perfect sharp angular finished on your cakes. You will work on one cake and a topper in the class but as shown in the pictures above, this cake can be developed in into multi-layer cakes with lots of designs – all with a clean contemporary finish. You will be fully prepared to take your cakes to this next level by the end of the class. Michelle will be ready to answer any chocolate related question you can think of throughout the day!
You will leave at the end the day with:
- Your perfectly finished Sharp Edge Contemporary chocolate cake
- Recipes used in the class
- A full Fact pack detailing what you have learnt
- A new understanding of working with chocolate and cake.
Book today as places are filling up fast!
Michelle Rea (see Tutors page) is one of the Australia’s most talented cake makers with a huge working knowledge of chocolate and chocolate products. She is an established teacher with a worldwide following and is extremely generous with her knowledge and sharing her chocolate tips and techniques.
This class is suitable for beginners and intermediates cake makers and anyone who loves chocolate cake!
Course Date and Times
The next dates with places for this class are in April 2013. To go straight to booking, click here.
For this class, we provide ALL the Cakes and ALL the materials! All you need to bring with you is:
- an apron
- a packed lunch
- a pen and note pad
Pretty Witty Cakes never surprise you with hidden costs unlike other venues so you will not be sent any additional equipment list before the class. The only things you need to bring are those things listed above. We will provide EVERYTHING else for you.
How to book your class
Location: Our Sharp Edged Chocolate Cake Class is based at Pretty Witty HQ in a bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £295 per person. This includes ALL equipment and ALL cakes (includes VAT where applicable). The only things you need to provide are those listed above.
If you wish to pay in instalments (£150 deposit then one further payment of £145 a month later), please contact us on 07976 32 72 78 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Times: 10am to 5.30pm
Dates: the nest date with places is April 2013.
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email email@example.com or call 07976 32 72 78