Giant Teddy Bear – Cake Carving Class
This class is all about Cake Carving and what better way to learn than by carving a giant teddy bear! In September 2012, the amazing Grace Stevens from “Cupcakes by Design” will be flying over all the way from South Africa to teach at Pretty Witty Cakes. Grace will be teaching The Bride and Groom Class, The Family Picnic Class and the Giant Teddy Bear Cake Carving Class.
What you will learn in the Teddy Bear Cake Carving Class
In this class you will learn how to make a giant teddy bear cake. During the class, Grace will show you:
- What sort of cake you need to work with when carving a cake of this type (we will supply ALL the cakes you need and all recipes are provided!).
- What sort of board you need and how to cover that board to create a gingham pattern.
- How to build a reliable internal support structure to support the design.
- How to fill, stacking and prepare the cake for carving.
- How to carve your cake(s) into a 3D teddy.
- How to create a fury covering for your teddy which children will love!
- How to create an edible big puffy bow by hand.
- How to put a name in your cake to personalise it.
- How to transport your cake safely.
- How to adapt your cake carving skills to create other characters so that your will be move yourself on to the next level!
This is a great opportunity to learn directly from one of South Africa’s most talented sugar artists! You will leave the course with a giant edible teddy bear which will make the little ones in your life jump for joy! Book today as places are filling up fast!
Grace Stevens (see Tutors page) is one of South Africa’s best known and talented sugar artists and a fabulous teacher. She is recognised worldwide for the unique style. As an experienced tutor (travelling around South Africa to teach), Grace knows all the tricks and tips about carving cakes which she will share in detail throughout the day.
This class is suitable for high beginner and intermediate level cake makers. You should have had some basic experience of making a cake such as covering it with sugar paste. You do not need to have carved a cake before. If you have never covered any cake before, we would advise attending the Two Tier Big Cakes Class first.
Course Date and Times
The Giant Teddy Bear Cake Carving Class will take place in September. This class will only run once and there are only a limited number of places available so book early to avoid disappointment. To view the dates click here.
For this class, we provide EVERYTHING you need including the cakes (all SIX of them!!). The only price you pay is the price to book your place. You will take everything you make home with you.
All you will need to bring is:
- an apron
- a packed lunch
- a sturdy box in order to take your cake home. Your cake will be on a approx 14 (35 cm) inch round base. As this cake is heavy we recommend driving and we have plenty of FREE parking at Pretty Witty Cakes.
Pretty Witty Cakes never surprise you with hidden costs unlike other venues so you will not be sent any equipment list before the class. The only things you need to bring are those things listed above. We will provide EVERYTHING else for you.
How to book your class
Location: Our Giant Teddy Bear Class is based at Pretty Witty HQ in a bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £275 per person for the entire course (includes VAT where applicable).
If you wish to pay in instalments, you would need to pay £125 deposit to secure your place and the balance of £150 on 1 July. If you wish to take up the instalment option, please contact us on 07976 32 72 78 or email@example.com
Times: 9.30 to 5.30pm
Dates: September 2012
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample FREE private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07976 32 72 78