Food Photography Class
This class is all about taking stunning photos of your food. Any successful baking business needs exceptionally good photos to attract potential customers. It is your photos that will make you stand out above your competition. Enter Gavin and Sam, photographers and food writers who know everything there is to know about how to take exceptionally good food photographs and how to turn not so good photos into brilliant ones!.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO ENLARGE
Class Times, Level & Equipment
This class starts promptly at 10:15 & runs until 4:30pm. It is suitable for beginners & improvers, who would like to enhance their knowledge & capability to produce consistently good food images.
You do not need any equipment for this class and can bring the camera you have. The aim of this class is to save you money so don’t splash out on expensive camera equipment – we can show you fast, and cost effective ways to enable you to work with what you have.
What you will learn
Even the most amazing food creation can be let down by taking a mediocre photo, so in this workshop we’ll show you lots of camera tricks of the trade that will lift your food photos to a whole new level.
During this class, we will show you:
- Cameras – what works and what doesn’t in food photography;
- The secrets and tricks behind top food photography;
- How to take photos that look professional, crisp and clean thus avoiding the need and costs of hiring a professional photographer;
- How to get the most from the equipment you have and avoid spending money on unnecessary equipment;
- How to most effectively use your lens & zoom capabilities and when;
- How to properly expose your photos so you get bright, sunny pictures;
- How to light your photos without buying any unnecessary equipment;
- How to use natural light and techniques the professionals use;
- When to use a flash and why;
- How to use reflectors to balance the light;
- How to cope with shadows and how to create highlights;
- How to properly set a scene and create a kitchen backdrop that is different in every photo;
- How to create a more modern studio style background and the secrets behind this style of photography including “white out” backgrounds;
- How to emulate the popular ‘distressed rustic’ look.
- How to use props to enhance your final image including things from home;
- The basics of food styling and display;
- How to find the best angle to shoot from;
- How to make photos taken on a dark rainy day look like they were taken in the middle of summer!
- How to capture details and blur less important parts of the photos;
- When to use a tripod and why;
- How to layout photos of food properly so they are “magazine” quality;
- How to use FREE post production software to enhance your images by cropping & brightening including step by step guidance on the best photographic programs that you can use;
- What to do with your images to showcase your work.
Once you have the skills, your facebook page, website, fliers, leaflets, business cards and lots more will look completely professional and will make you stand out above your competition.
Demonstrations & practical work
This class is jam packed with demos & hands-on sessions. It is not a seminar class and although we will show you many things, the basis of the class is you trying out everything HANDS ON.
You will put all of the techniques and skills we show you into practice as we will have prepared foods for you to photograph during the day. You can of course also bring along some of your own cakes, bread or cookies if you want to practice on those as well.
What you will take home
At the end of the class, you will have acquired a brand new set of skills and will be fully prepared to take brilliant photographs of your food. You will also receive:
- A Fact Pack fully describing everything you have learnt.
- A DVD tutorial reminding you of top tips.
- A complimentary photography props pack to get you started at home.
What you need to bring
You only need to bring your existing camera with you – whether that is an all singing, all dancing one or a very basic snap shot camera. A phone camera will not really enable you to get the most from the class so we do not advise you bringing just a phone camera. If you are thinking of buying a camera, hold off until you have been to this class! You should also bring a small packed lunch.
You will be taught by Gavin & Sam, who are professional food photographers and food writers who will share all their in depth knowledge with you throughout the day. They will be on hand all day to answer any photography questions you can throw at them.
We supply lots of tea and coffee throughout the day and you can take breaks whenever you wish. We have a lovely coffee area attached to the huge kitchen and photography area where everyone can relax during lunch
How to book your class
Location: Our Food Photography Class is based in Suzi’s bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £150 (includes VAT where applicable).
Time: 10:15am – 4:30pm
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07976 32 72 78