The Cookie Class
This class is all about baking and decorating cookies from scratch! Whether you are looking to make cookies for parties, weddings, baby showers, dinner parties, gifts or just for fun, this class will have you outlining, flooding and decorating stunning cookies to rival those of top professionals.
What you will learn
This class is a baking and decorating class so you will make your own set of cookies from raw ingredients to finished products tied and wrapped with bows. During the the class, we will teach you everything you need to know about baking and decorating perfect cookies in all shapes and sizes including:
- How to make and bake the perfect cookie dough (making and baking yourself).
- How to work with icing including an understanding of the correct consistencies of royal icing.
- How to colour the icing on your cookies.
- How to work with complimentary colours on cookies to ensure your cookies are both pretty and look edible.
- How to make your own piping bags.
- How to use an icing nail.
- How to decorate your cookies using piping, beading, dots, lines and borders.
- How to make flowers from royal icing.
- How to make rose curls from royal icing.
- The all important “10 second rule”.
- How to use different piping nozzles and the effects of different nozzles.
- How to outline and flood icing.
- How to make your own cookie template.
- Writing with icing and monograms in order to personalise your cookies.
- How to make cookies on sticks without damaging the cookie or design.
- The most effective way to bag and tie cookies for presentation for the perfect gift.
At the end of the day you will have made around a dozen cookies of all shapes, designs and sizes which will be perfectly presented to take home.
Class Times, Level and Equipment
This class starts promptly at 10.15 and runs to 4.30pm. Everything is explained to you step by step and as with all our classes, all equipment is provided for you. This class is suitable for all levels including beginners. This is a brilliant class for getting to grips with royal icing and piping. As our groups are small but our kitchen is very large with plenty of space, separate standing areas, seated areas, photography area and shop, we are able to cater for those of differing standards and ensure you get individual attention.
This class will be taught by Rachel (see Tutors page), an expert in making cookies for weddings, gifts and parties. Rachel’s cakes and cookies are regularly featured in bridal magazines and she provides cakes to some of London’s most prestigious hotels. This class is a real opportunity to ask an expert everything you could want to know about baking, decorating and designing gorgeous cookies.
Testimonials from prior students
To see what others have said about our courses, see here.
Take Home Fact Pack
You will be given a fact sheet describing the techniques you learnt during the day so you can refresh your mind next time you bake. Of course, there are also lots of tips on our Facebook page
We supply lots of tea and coffee throughout the day and you can take breaks whenever you wish.
How to book your class
Location: Our Cookie Class is based in Suzi’s bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £150 (includes VAT where applicable).
Time: 10:15am – 5pm
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email email@example.com or call 07976 32 72 78