The Christmas Bauble Cake Class
If you are looking for something different this Christmas, this is the class for you! Combining Michelle’s Rea’s amazing chocolatier skills with the sparkling glamour of Christmas time, this is a stunning golden bauble cake. If Karl Fabergé made cakes, this would be his kind of cake! The cake defies gravity to stand up on just a small point at the base. This class is for beginners or intermediates.
In October 2012, Michelle Rea from Inspired By Michelle Cake Designs will be flying over all the way from Sydney, Australia to teach at Pretty Witty Cakes. Michelle specialises in working with chocolate and cakes and will be teaching various classes when she is here including this one. These classes are EXCLUSIVE in the UK so only being held at Pretty Witty Cakes.
What you will learn in the Christmas Bauble Cake Class
This class is all about elegance, glamour and sophistication all wrapped up in a Christmas sparkly shell! This is a chocolate based class. During the class, you will learn:
- How to design and set up a cake that is wider at the top than it is at the bottom.
- How to cut and fill and chocolate cake (all recipes are supplied and we provide all the cake you need).
- What to keep in mind when creating a top heavy cake taking into account factors such as transportation.
- How to carve a 3D unusual design using chocolate cake.
- How to ganache a curved design and achieve a smooth surface in both the peaks and hollows.
- How to cover a ganache surface on a curvy and irregular design with fondant.
- How to create simple embossed designs.
- How to make chocolate ganache the easy way and how to work with it and store it.
- The professional techniques used to make smooth curvy edges with perfect finishes on an unusually shaped cake.
- The best tools to use when working with chocolate ganache on cakes.
- How to properly transport and store your cake.
This is a great opportunity to learn and properly understand how to work with an irregular shaped cake when working with chocolate. With the added Christmas sparkle and elegance, it is the perfect accompaniment to a Christmas party.
You will leave at the end the day with:
- Your perfectly finished Christmas Bauble Chocolate Cake
- Recipes used in the class
- A full Fact pack detailing what you have learnt
- A new understanding of working with chocolate, 3D irregular designs and cake.
Book today as places are filling up fast!
Michelle Rea (see Tutors page) is one of the Australia’s most talented cake makers with a huge working knowledge of chocolate and chocolate products. She is an established teacher with a worldwide following and is extremely generous with her knowledge and sharing her chocolate tips and techniques.
This class is suitable for beginners and intermediates cake makers and anyone who loves chocolate cake!
Course Date and Times
This class is taking place in October 2012. To go straight to booking, click here.
For this class, we provide ALL the Cakes and ALL the materials! All you need to bring with you is:
- an apron
- a packed lunch
- a pen and note pad
- a 16 inches square box to transport your cake home in (any cardboard box will suffice).
Pretty Witty Cakes never surprise you with hidden costs unlike other venues so you will not be sent any additional equipment list before the class. The only things you need to bring are those things listed above. We will provide EVERYTHING else for you.
How to book your class
Location: Our Christmas Bauble Cake Class is based at Pretty Witty HQ in a bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £295 per person. This includes ALL equipment and ALL cakes (includes VAT where applicable). The only things you need to provide are those listed above.
If you wish to pay in instalments (£150 deposit then one further payment of £145 on 1 September 2012), please contact us on 07976 32 72 78 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Times: 10.15am to 5.45pm
Dates: October 2012. Click here to go to the calendar and booking.
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email email@example.com or call 07976 32 72 78