The Cupcake & Cake Business Class
Our Cupcake & Cake Business Class is aimed at anyone thinking about starting their own cupcake business from home.
In particular, the class is aimed at:
- Anyone who is fed up with their current job and is dreaming of ditching the 9 to 5 to start their own business from home where YOU are the boss.
- Anyone who has been made redundant and is seizing the chance to break into something new but needs a bit of help to get there QUICKLY now their old income has stopped.
- Mums who have decided that they do not want to go back to their old job and want a job which is more FLEXIBLE allowing them to fit their work around their children’s needs.
- Budding entrepreneurs who are ready to take the plunge and start up their own cupcake business but who do not want to waste time and money and instead want to start making profits QUICKLY.
What you will learn
Unlike our other practical classes, this class is an intensive seminar based class where we will cover everything you need to know to set up your own home cupcake business. We include all the tricks of the trade, insider tips and techniques to make your business stand out from the rest. Most importantly, we cover all the essential topics that you need to know about to QUICKLY set up your business so you can start making profits within a short space of time rather than wasting time and money researching everything for yourself.
Your course Instructor
Your course instructor (Suzi) and creator of Pretty Witty Cakes Ltd has 11 years business experience (prior to making cupcakes) working in some of the most powerful markets in the world. You will gain the benefit of her advice in setting up a cupcake business based on the model of Pretty Witty Cakes but in addition you will benefit from her knowledge gained as a top lawyer in the City of London where she was employed by some of the world’s highest ranking law firms. Suzi also gained a 1st class honours degree from Oxford University. She has drawn on all these skills to create this class so that you get the broadest range of tips and advice on everything from choosing a name for your business and ensuring you stand out from the rest to explaining what business insurances you need and why.
Suzi also has 2 children (aged 3 and 1) so she gives a honest insight into how teaching classes impacts on life as a working mum. It is one thing setting up your own successful business, but quite another juggling a successful business with being a mum. Suzi is more than happy to answer questions about this side of setting up a business as well.
Not only that, but we know that it is a lot of information to absorb in one day so unlike more amateur courses, we provide you with a full Fact Pack with precedent documents, key links and contacts and lots of other vital information and tips that are essential for anyone starting out in this industry.
Topics included in the course
Some of the topics included in this class include:
- Naming your business and choosing the best formation (i.e. sole trader, limited company, partnership etc).
- Food safety and hygiene qualifications and legal requirements – what you MUST do and what to expect.
- How to create a website which performs well and will attract customers.
- How to effectively advertise your business to bring in customers.
- Pricing – How to set prices for the products you are selling.
- How to deal with customers, wedding consultations, corporate clients and suppliers.
- How to watermark and copyright your photos and what to do if your photos are stolen online. (For photography, see our Food Photography Class).
- How to stand out above your competition and how best to deal with competing businesses.
- Identifying your strengths and weaknesses and applying them to your business.
- A fast understanding of the necessary things you need to know about spread sheets, invoices and accounting
- A detailed understanding of tax including VAT, why it may be relevant to you and the differences between trading as a sole trader and a limited company.
- What insurances you need and why.
- How to run a successful business around your children.
Testimonials from prior students
To see what others have said about our courses, see here.
Class times and equipment needed
This class starts at 10.15am and finishes at 4.30pm. Everything is explained to you step by step so there is plenty of opportunity to ask questions. We actively encourage open discussion and sharing of ideas. You should bring a writing pad and pen and if you have one, a camera so you can practice your photography skills if you want to. Lunch is provided for you in this class although if you have special dietary requirements, please ensure you notify us in advance or bring a packed lunch.
Fact Pack and guidance after the course
Everyone attending this class receives a Fact Pack with precedent documents, guidance and and useful links, contacts and other information to get them started quickly.
How to book your class
Location: The Cupcake Business Class class is based in Suzi’s kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border. Cheshire/Manchester Classes are held at The Cheshire Cookery School, Altrincham,Cheshire, WA14 4EP.
Price: £185 (includes VAT where applicable).
Time: 10.15am to 4.30pm
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07976 32 72 78