3D Chocolate Owl Cake Class
This is the class for chocolate cake lovers! If you have a love of delicious silky chocolate cake and gorgeous ganache and want to know how to sculpt a cake made from chocolate to achieve super smooth finishes even on the most complex shape, read on.
Michelle Rea from Inspired By Michelle Cake Designs in Australia is a regular Guest Tutor at Pretty Witty Cakes. Michelle specialises in working with chocolate and cakes and will be teaching several classes at while she is here. These classes are EXCLUSIVE so only being held at Pretty Witty Cakes in the UK.
What you will learn in the 3D Chocolate Owl Class
The 3D Chocolate Owl Cake class has been carefully designed to teach you many transferable skills so you will be able to carve other shapes from chocolate cake having completed the class. During the course you will learn:
- What type of chocolate cake is best to work with when cake carving and why (all recipes are provided and we supply ALL the cakes you need).
- How to work with square cakes.
- What equipment you need if working with chocolate (we supply ALL the equipment).
- How to create your own tools for achieving a perfectly smooth finish.
- How to layer a chocolate cake and fill it with rich, moist and delicious filling.
- How to carve a gorgeous little owl from square cakes.
- How to visualise other shapes within square cakes so you can successfully adapt your carving techniques into other chocolate based cakes. The possibilities are endless.
- What tools and techniques you need to use to properly carve the cake when working with chocolate.
- How to make chocolate ganache and how to apply it.
- Timings for making chocolate ganache and how you properly store it.
- How to cover a 3D cake with chocolate ganache and achieve a perfectly smooth finish even when you are covering ridges and hollows.
- How to build a reliable internal support structural no matter how many guests the cake needs to serve.
- How to work with fondant on top of chocolate ganache.
- How to make a little branch for your owl to sit on along and unique patterning for your owls coat and wings.
- How to adapt your owl for different kinds of celebrations (birthdays, gifts, weddings, children or adult celebrations).
- How to cover your owl and decorate it as Oliver the boy or Olivia the girl.
- How to properly transport and store your cake.
This is a great opportunity to master working with chocolate cake and ganache and to learn impressive skills and techniques from one of the Australia’s most talented cake makers.
What you will take home
You will leave at the end the day with:
- Your perfectly finished Chocolate Owl Cake
- Recipes used in the class
- A full Fact Pack detailing what you have learnt
- A new found confidence to recreate any shape when working with chocolate cake and ganache.
Book today as places are filling up fast!
Michelle Rea (see Tutors page) is one of the Australia’s most talented cake makers with a huge working knowledge of chocolate and chocolate products. She is an established teacher with a world wide following and is extremely generous with her knowledge and sharing her tips and techniques.
This class is suitable for beginners and intermediates cake makers and anyone who loves chocolate cake!
Course Date and Times
The next dates with places for this class are in April 2013. To go straight to booking, click here.
For this class, we provide ALL the Cakes and ALL the materials! All you need to bring with you is:
- an apron
- a packed lunch
- a pen and note pad
Pretty Witty Cakes never surprise you with hidden costs unlike other venues so you will not be sent any additional equipment list before the class. The only things you need to bring are those things listed above. We will provide EVERYTHING else for you.
How to book your class
Location: Our 3D Owl Chocolate Cake Class is based at Pretty Witty HQ in a bright, spacious and airy 40 foot kitchen in Crowborough (TN6) on the Kent, East Sussex border.
Price: £295 per person. This includes ALL equipment and ALL cakes (includes VAT where applicable). The only things you need to provide are those listed above.
If you wish to pay in instalments (£150 deposit then one further payment of £145 one month later), please contact us on 07976 32 72 78 or email@example.com.
Times: 10am to 5.30pm
Dates: Next class with places in April 2013
Travel: We can assist with all travel arrangements including advising on trains and flights, pick up from the airport or train station. For those coming by car, we have ample private and enclosed parking at the house.
Before booking, please ensure you read the terms and conditions on this website and also double check the date that you wish to attend as there will be no refunds for cancellations. Class places are non-transferable.
For further details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07976 32 72 78